Liberty and Virtue

A person who experiences same sex attraction and who endeavors to live chastely in accordance with his religious beliefs keeps an eye out for examples of gay activists' (1) showing intolerance and hatred of traditional religious and moral beliefs and believers, (2) attempting to deny freedom of speech, assembly and religion to others, and (3) trying to cause the government to impose liberal views on sexual morality on society. Other stuff of interest to blogger may also occasionally be posted.

Gay activists do not speak for all those who experience same sex attraction!

Not all those with SSA reject traditional sexual morality!

Not all those with SSA support promiscuity!

Not all those with SSA believe the gay activist ideology of “gay pride”!

Not all those with SSA believe in making their sex drive their primary public identity!

Not all those with SSA support public indecency in “gay pride” parades!

Not all those with SSA support government promotion of homosexual activity!

Not all those with SSA support same sex marriage!

Not all those with SSA support biased teaching in public schools on homosexual matters!

Not all those with SSA demonize traditional religious believers!

Not all those with SSA wish to deny basic freedoms of speech, religion and association to those who disagree with the gay activists’ ideology and agenda!

Christian charity for persons does not require affirmation of sinful or immoral activity!

Friday, May 20, 2005

Sexuality Issues don't Belong in Schools

Good article by Ilana Freedman:

...How can we expect our children to grow up healthy, with sound minds and hearts, when the schools we have taught them to respect and obey have taken it upon themselves to teach them values that contradict our own core beliefs on issues of right and wrong?

I was raised to respect every person, not by the cut of his clothes or by the church in which he prays, but by the goodness of his heart. I am not homophobic, nor would I deny anyone the right to live as he chooses. But I was brought up to believe that your freedom ends where my nose begins. The right of a small minority to live as they choose is unimpeachable. But they have no right to impose their values on me or my children, or to demand my approval.

The gay population in this country has been estimated at approximately 3 to 6 percent. Yet they have managed to hijack our schools and impose their values on our children. And in the name of political correctness, they demand that we accept this.

I don't know if Jennifer will ever be able to find herself. I do know that today she is a confused and unhappy young woman who has broken with her family and that she is as alone and lost as she has ever been. We will never know if her "coming out" was an act of rebellion or self-discovery. But it is clear that she was encouraged to cross that invisible line that separated her from her roots by the very school system that was supposed to keep her safe.

My children are grown and now have children of their own. My advice to them is to be very watchful. I tell them to pay attention to the new school programs that are described by vague and innocuous names like "character education" and "diversity training."

I want my grandchildren to be kind and caring about other human beings. I want them to respect other children and allow them to be who they are. But I want those who oppose my traditional ways to afford me the same respect and keep their sexuality issues outside of the public schools.

Me: My only quibble is that it is not the entirety of persons with same sex attraction who are imposing these doctrinaire views on homosexual activity in public schools, it is the gay activists. Don't blame all of us! I, for one, want nothing to do with the sickening gay ideological agenda being forced down children's throats in public schools these days.

Charles S.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>